LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

1996 impala SS radiator fans not working, i think I found the cause

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 1996 impala SS radiator fans not working, i think I found the cause

I found out today that the 4 pins fans connector that goes to the 2pin pri fan connector and the 2 pin sec fan connector is burnt, is that the cause that the fans are not working? also I checked it out with the light probe and there was no electricity in the 4 pins

where can I find a good complete 4 pin connector (male and female) instead of the one I have that was burnt.

here are some pictures
Attached Thumbnails 1996 impala SS radiator fans not working, i think I found the cause-_-16.jpg  

Last edited by Abdullah; 11-19-2016 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

here is the other picture.
Attached Thumbnails 1996 impala SS radiator fans not working, i think I found the cause-_-16.jpg  
Old 11-19-2016, 11:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

those are "weather pack" aka "Delphi" connectors. Do a Google search and you will see several places to buy them, even Amazon. Some auto part stores carry them but may not have the specific ones you need.

You can even get them with :pigtails" so you just cut the old one off and connect the wires from car to new pigtail. I have replaced a few but just the connector part. You use a small screw driver to pop the old pins out. You can solder on new pins and insert those into a new connector body

You need to find out "why" they burnt....like if someone wired the fans to be on all the time or something like that
Old 11-20-2016, 04:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the reply. the previous owner of the impala connected the sec fan relay directly to the power source of the fuse box and that caused both fans to work all of the time and that caused the burnt 4 pin connector.

Gary at innovative wiring told me in an email that he has a connector for me.

Quick Reply: 1996 impala SS radiator fans not working, i think I found the cause