LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt4 hot cam installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt4 hot cam installation

i had just installed my new Lt4 hotcam and the car sounds and runs great. I had the cam in for about a week now and i took my car out on the expressway stopmed the pedal and usally the car would kick down to 3rd gear and pull like a bitch, however this time the rpm's just jumped way up and the car went nowhere immediatly i let off the gas and wondered wtf that was all about. I had bought the B&m electronic shift kit about 3 months ago and it worked fine i tried turning it off and flooring my car again
and it did the exact same thing jus slipped and you could feel the trans trying to catch but it wouldnt so i stopped and checked my trans fluid it was red and looked like it was still new so i got going again and floored my car off a stop and it did the exact same thing, ad i am very pissed off because the new 4L60E in my car has only about 4000 miles on it if anyone has ideas about what it could be please let me know.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Will it go all the way up to the red line and stay there? What mine sometimes does when I floor it is just let it rev up to about 5000 rpms and then puts it into gear.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:45 AM
Teching In

no it pulls for about a half a second then the hole time up to 7000 itl slip itself and the car wont go anywhere

Quick Reply: lt4 hot cam installation