LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

A4 to M6 swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A4 to M6 swap

well ive been wanting this alot and its finally coming true... my dad owns a junkyard and a mechanic shop...and at the junkyard.. they got a 96 camaro SS in the other day... 40K miles M6 ...and it was rolled over going 120... eek...

but anyways... my dad agreed to let me do the swap in the bird. so this weekend... slammed-am and I are taking my car to the shop and doing the swap ourselves with the help of my dad and one of his mechanics... the swap includes... engine, tranny, ecu, pedal assembly, all lines and stuff...

my question is for the people that have done this SUCCESSFULY before... what problems will i run into?..

thanks for the help
Saad
Old 03-19-2005, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Saad06
well ive been wanting this alot and its finally coming true... my dad owns a junkyard and a mechanic shop...and at the junkyard.. they got a 96 camaro SS in the other day... 40K miles M6 ...and it was rolled over going 120... eek...

but anyways... my dad agreed to let me do the swap in the bird. so this weekend... slammed-am and I are taking my car to the shop and doing the swap ourselves with the help of my dad and one of his mechanics... the swap includes... engine, tranny, ecu, pedal assembly, all lines and stuff...

my question is for the people that have done this SUCCESSFULY before... what problems will i run into?..

thanks for the help
Saad
I'd check that that engine didn't lose oil pressure and mess up some bearings after being upside-down.....
Old 03-19-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Resident

Hell I'd pull the engine apart and put h/c on it, if it's going to be out rebuild what you can and mod it. You shouldn't have any problems as long as you put the correct PCM in the car...
Old 03-20-2005, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah... i was going to put a CC305 cam while it was out... but i dont have the cash and my current engine is going to **** right now... so im just going to do it.. and see what comes later...
Old 03-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Staging Lane

I just finished the swap last weekend. Here is an awesome sight: http://www.afrashteh.com/tranny_pics/T56.htm
Everything was very straight forward and only took a day to swap. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow... thanks alot... that really let me see what was ahead of me... thank you

Quick Reply: A4 to M6 swap