LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Brake Kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Brake Kits

I don't know how many have noticed the brake kit special Wholesale Direct Parts is offering in the Sponsor Specials & Group Purchase forum, but I had a few questions about it.

First off, the slotted rotors from Racing Brake with the curved vains are about $450 for a set (4) of rotors. Wholesale Direct Parts is selling a set (4) of cross drilled and slotted rotors, as well as metal pads all the way around for $300 shipped. Why so much cheaper? Also, they say the rotors come zinc plated, won't this wear off eventually? What does the plating even do?
Old 01-09-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Regular

I bought a set of zinc plated drilled and slotted rotors from race concepts (www.raceconcepts.net )for < $200 shipped. I've had them on since summer and I'm very happy with them. I also bought Hawk ceramic/metalic blend pads to go with them for $80. The zinc prevents the rotors from rusting but the plating does wear off and they rust anyway. However I notice on mine that the rusting is not nearly as bad as non plated rotors.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:46 PM
Teching In

jkichline, Race Concepts wants $160 for the front pair and $150 for the rear pair. Wholesale Direct Parts is selling all four rotors and pads all around for $300. I just wonder if the rotors that Race Concepts or Racing Brake offers is made out of a better metal than the ones Wholesale is offering, which might explain why their so much lower in price.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:38 AM
TECH Regular

That's what they tell you on their internet site. But I kept my eyes open on Ebay and they sometimes run specials. Right now you can get the front pair for $70 (plus shipping). They advertise 93-97 rotors separate from 98-02 rotors but I think that they are exactly the same size. Check out this ad or do a search for "firebird rotors". I'm pretty sure rotors are the same for 93-02 camaros and firebirds.

Ebay Special

Here's a set of 4 for $150 (plus shipping) for 98-02
Set of four
Old 01-10-2006, 11:04 AM
TECH Veteran

I think the 98-02 rotors are 1" bigger in diameter but don't hold me to that.

Quick Reply: Brake Kits