LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Major Engine Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Major Engine Problems

During the summer I bought a new LT1 from a motor company in TX, Motor City Supply. During the weekend, I start her up and this loud knocking nosie starts coming from the engine. I didn't drive and later had my mechanic come and listen to it. Come to find out that there is something wrong with the crack or cam. Man I'm pissed Just spend about $1800 getting it put in. I'm having it pulled Tuesday and sent back and getting a refund. Lost the labor hours. The only good news that's coming out of this is that I'm having one specially built, 360hp. I guess all I'm saying is DO NOT BUY FROM MOTOR CITY SUPPLY. My brothers pure stock race car's engine blew after only two races. Just venting steam.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Were these used engines you bought? If so, how could they have known they were going to go bad?
Old 02-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Launching!

i would ask for my money back on the install if the motor is remanned or new but used i don`t thing you have much to stand on unless it has a warrenty then ask for the money back if they refuse takem to court