51.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

DelTeq vs. LTCC

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 12:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DelTeq vs. LTCC

What are the advantages/disadvantages of both?

On another note, what RPM is the stock opti good for? Can the MSD opti go higher?
Old 02-02-2006, 12:25 PM
11 Second Club

Personally I like Bob Bailey's LTCC setup because of it's ability to set the dip-switches in the box for nitrous to come in at whatever rpm you prefer, yada yada yada. I also like the idea of running MSD'S new LS1 coil packs, like the idea of ditching the opti cap (custom sealing the timing/inj sensor), etc. We've done it on a car and it was a great setup.

Delteq has a nice stock replacement OE style plug & play setup, hands down it's nice, someone posted their engine bay pic in here this week with a beautiful Delteq setup, but again personal preference I like the capability of LTCC longterm for my plans.

I'm told from MSD that their opti cap/rotor can stand a higher rpm without deteroriating and also due to it's construction /material not cross-arc at high rpm, shrugs I don't know if it's a fact. You may do a search on camaroz28.com, have seen a lot of talk about it.

good luck

Last edited by BRETTINATOR; 02-02-2006 at 01:07 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Regular

Lotsa good info, thanks. Anyone else?
Old 02-02-2006, 02:47 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

basicly what he said... the price is about the same when all said and done... and the LTCC is a better system IMHO. You have shorter wires, a coil for each cylinder (super strong spark), lots of neat features integrated, it just seems to be the better system. And it can be installed to look SUPER clean (jsut as clean as Delteq)
Old 02-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Launching!

I installed a delteq system on my car last week and was jsut night and day driving, car has nevr ran better even new in my opinion!
but I dont know much about the other system sorry
Old 02-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Teching In

I am running the LTCC kit on my 383 with procharger and it works great, when I installed it u could instantly hear and feel the differance in idle quality and cruising speeds. I made some custom mounts and mounted the coils just like they are on a LS1, looks nice along the tops of the valve covers
Old 02-02-2006, 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by flyinlowss
I am running the LTCC kit on my 383 with procharger and it works great, when I installed it u could instantly hear and feel the differance in idle quality and cruising speeds. I made some custom mounts and mounted the coils just like they are on a LS1, looks nice along the tops of the valve covers
I built some brackets for someones 383, he mounted them on the valve covers centerbolt, looked clean. was thinking of building a under firewall bracket for mine or maybe even getting a strut tower brace and coming up with a clean looking bracket hovering over the headers. That might interfere with the Victor series custom intake planned in Sep though so still kicking around ideas. Have any pics of your setup? thanks
Old 02-02-2006, 09:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Proud Delteq owner here. I went from a 13.7@101 mph to a 13.3@104mph with only the delteq and a bolt on tune (opti was still healthy). Went from 265 RWHP to 288 rwhp with the same mods.

And no it wasn't just the tune, because you literly feel the difference in the car once the delteq goes in. Ask most folks who have switched over.

My friend runs the LTCC and I have to say it's a awesome product. And allows for more options then the delteq.

You can't go wrong either way. Delteq will be the easier to install though.

Mike
Old 02-02-2006, 10:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by aintno6
Proud Delteq owner here. I went from a 13.7@101 mph to a 13.3@104mph with only the delteq and a bolt on tune (opti was still healthy). Went from 265 RWHP to 288 rwhp with the same mods.

And no it wasn't just the tune, because you literly feel the difference in the car once the delteq goes in. Ask most folks who have switched over.

My friend runs the LTCC and I have to say it's a awesome product. And allows for more options then the delteq.

You can't go wrong either way. Delteq will be the easier to install though.

Mike
Thanks for the feedback, impressive E/T delta before and after.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:37 AM
TECH Regular

Polls are tied up.

Thanks for the input fellas.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Launching!

I wanna see a coil pack system on an LT1. I havent seen one yet. I'm currently build a 396 stroker and will be using opti-spark but thinking about converting to coil-pack system down the road.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

I went with the Delteq. I just got it but haven't fully installed it yet. I don't like the long plug wire runs but if it works like they say then it doesn't matter. It would be nice if they could split the coil packs so the plug wires would be shorter. It was easy to install. I just need to change my plugs and run the wires to them.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:30 PM
9 Second Club

anyone got a link to LTCC info???? Like who sells it or the vendor's website??? Thanks....
Old 02-03-2006, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
anyone got a link to LTCC info???? Like who sells it or the vendor's website??? Thanks....
http://www.bailey-eng.com/LTCC.html
Old 02-03-2006, 10:11 PM
9 Second Club

thx man...
Old 02-04-2006, 02:35 PM
TECH Regular

I went with the valve cover mount on my 97 formula and made my own msd wires. Here's a pic.

the first time I took it to the track with the new ignition, I ran 4 tenths quicker than my previous best. So yeah, it made a big difference.
Attached Thumbnails DelTeq vs. LTCC-delteq1.jpg  
Old 02-04-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Resident

A simple question, is there any point in running the LTCC for a stock motor? I ask because everyone Ive seen that uses it has a pretty modified engine.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Charging TA
A simple question, is there any point in running the LTCC for a stock motor? I ask because everyone Ive seen that uses it has a pretty modified engine.
I'm sure it would make a difference but I'm not sure if it would be worth it. You would get better mileage from less misfires and better drivability.

I just finished the Delteq install on my Red SC car and all I can say is WOW!! It made a huge difference. If I'd have known it would be that dramatic I would have done it earlier. It's official: Running high voltage through the opti really sucks in comarison. The MSD may help a bit from the stock opti's but I highly doubt it could compete with the Delteq.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tekprodave
I'm sure it would make a difference but I'm not sure if it would be worth it. You would get better mileage from less misfires and better drivability.

I just finished the Delteq install on my Red SC car and all I can say is WOW!! It made a huge difference. If I'd have known it would be that dramatic I would have done it earlier. It's official: Running high voltage through the opti really sucks in comarison. The MSD may help a bit from the stock opti's but I highly doubt it could compete with the Delteq.
Thanks,

I was looking at the Delteq site last night, that setup looks pretty awesome... If/when my Opti goes Im pretty sure Im getting that.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Charging TA
Thanks,

I was looking at the Delteq site last night, that setup looks pretty awesome... If/when my Opti goes Im pretty sure Im getting that.
I wouldn't wait. You need the optical portion of the opti to run the Delteq.

Both the delteq and the LTCC solve alot of problems. I had a brand new opti, new crane hi-6, and new msd coil and the car was misfiring causing fouled plugs causing more misfires. See the vicious cycle? Changing plugs every few thousand miles is a freakin' nightmare on this car. I've purchased tons of tools to try to make plug changes easier and it is still a 4-6 hour pain in the azz. The Delteq solved the problem completely and REALLY woke the car up. Don't wait, do it now. You won't regret it. The stock opti sucks azz when high voltage runs through it. I'll prolly buy another one for my bolton car and maybe even a third for the 9C1.

Quick Reply: DelTeq vs. LTCC