LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

line lock help, im stupid, please help me (easy)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 01:07 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default line lock help, im stupid, please help me (easy)

brakes to me is the hardest (I know it should be the easiest) I just dont seem to get it. I bought a line lock kit, and I am having diffulty installing it. I removed the brake line farthest back on the master cylander. now I am stuck Witch end to I connect to the solenoid, and where does the other end of the soloniod go? ..sigh.. I hate brakes. I can probably figure out the wiring ( I hope ) I read the SLP online instructions, but it was for a mustang. Im slow, and it is much easier when it is step by step with pictures of EXACTLY what I am looking at. Is there an LT1 install guide? if not, someone please help me out. TIA
Old 03-31-2006, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here is a bump for you. I know when i did mine last year it was pretty easy, But i removed my abs crap so it will not be the same as yours. Some one here will help out eventualy.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:19 AM
TECH Veteran

If you've got the SLP linelock, then the supplied line will go from the solenoid to the master cylinder (the back one you took off). And then the other line will go from your solenoid to the ABS modulator. Use the longest line to position the solenoid, but be sure to mount it before you put the lines on. After you have it mounted, then install the line from the master cylinder to the solenoid and then the shorter line that goes to the ABS modulator should just fall right into place. Since it's a custom fit, the line will point right at the particular fitting you need to replace on the ABS. Check this link out: http://www.slponline.com/inst/24049.pdf

Quick Reply: line lock help, im stupid, please help me (easy)