LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Optispark Install!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Optispark Install!?!?!?

well my car is developing a skip, at cruising speeds as well as and especailly at WOT, ive changed the opti twice already. i think its time for anudd'n. i think im going to put it on myself this time. tips please. someone told me i might have to take the water pump off, and definately the balancer pulley, other than that i dont know too much about what im getting into. any info is appreciated, thanks.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its no might in it. Today was my 1st time attempting such a thing. You have to remove the intake,elbow,coil,airpump if you still have it,waterpump and crank pulley. I will post pics tommorow. Its really easy believe it or not. I took my sweet as time and had everything apart within 2 1/2 hours.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:40 PM
TECH Regular

first time Opti install should be refered to as a learning experience. You MUST take the water pump of, the air pump, crank pulley and alot of other crap. youll also need some special tool to remove the screws in the opti. its a torx head bit with a special name but i dont know it off of the top of my head. just to add a note the best thing you can do for cleance is take the radiator and the electric fans all the way out. it makes the job alot less of a hassle. if you need any help just shoot a pm my way and ill give you all the help i can cause i know the position youre in.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

its an E4 inverted torx. if your in houston, i have one you can borrow.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

im in NC, but i appreciate the offer, and the instructions. im hoping i can have all the tools i need to get it done in one shot. when i take the water pump off, is there going to be a bunch of water coming out at me or what?
Old 04-06-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All mine went on the ground Here is the pic from that top view I have the waterpump out just waiting til the new waterpump,opti and crank pulley to arrive. Then I'll remove the old Opti and old crank pulley and do it all at once.

Quick Reply: Optispark Install!?!?!?