LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Borla plates

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Borla plates

Yes, another question from the mechanically and informationally challenged. My '94 Z28 M6 has the Borla exhaust (catback). I've seen references to 'plates' that can be removed to increase the volume of said exhaust. Are these plates located where the main pipe goes into the muffler? From what I see, it looks like it's only held on by 3 bolts, and I imagine said plates would go there, sort of a poor man's (temporary) cut-out? Instead of plates would placing washers there have the same effect? As usual, thanks in advance for all advice and information.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they are between the passenger side exhaust tip and the over the axle pipe. There is three bolts there to remove and no do not put any washers between the two pipes it is not needed. Just remove the plate, bolt the pipe back up and make sure they are snug and you are done. Well there is a strap coming from the rear towards the end of the tip that keeps it from wobbling around you may need to remove it to remove pipe completly. Really not a hard thing to do on a scale of 1-10 this is a easy 1.

Quick Reply: Borla plates