LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

my prayers may have been answered!

Old 04-10-2006, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default my prayers may have been answered!

So i was doing some mantenince on my car yesterday and i needed a small ratchet which i didn't have so i went next door to my neighbor who has every tool (works on hot rods) and we started talking about his shortblock 302 on his engine stand and i started saying how I was looking for a LT1 with low miles or something because at 125K ya never know. Hahah. Anyways so he is like well look what i got, he had a BRAND NEW, NEVER FIRED UP LT1 just SITTING in his garage. It's his buddies who just stores stuff and gave it to him for letting him use his garage space. He was like I don't have any plans for it and I was like well maybe I can take it off your hands. So he is going to talk to his buddy to see if he can truly give it away. So i'm pretty happy and I think I just may not sell my car then. Anyways for the questions

If i get it and while it's out, what mods should I do. I wanted LT's but I just may stick with my shortys. I want to do a cam too. Something a little more aggresive then the LT4 hot cam. I am still a college student who drives ALOT with this car. So give me some suggestions that won't KILL me. Thanks!

I'm so excited. ahahah
Old 04-10-2006, 09:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Side note: This is the Cam i Have now and I do like it. It's a little more aggressive then the hot cam. Should I go a little higher? I have 1.6 roller rockers. Here are the specs.

Specs:
218in @ .050
224ex @ .050
495 in lift w/1.5
503 ex lift w/1.5
112 LSA

Maybe I'll take my old heads and port them?
Old 04-10-2006, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn your lucky, yea i would look into maybe some minor portwork on the heads and then for a cam something like the cc305 would work well for you i think

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my prayers may have been answered!