LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

what can i take off

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 01:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what can i take off

no air and no egr on my car what all can i get rid of on the motor vacuum line and electronic wise.. i looked on search but couldnt find anything anybody have any places to look or can tell me what i can take off of the car
Old 04-12-2006, 02:44 AM
On The Tree

there is a little box that is attached to the intake that is an eltronic box that reads vacuum for the EGR, you can remove that, it will kick on an ses light but it can be taken off, you will have to plug the inlet on the intake for that vacuum line. if you removed the AIR system you can remove all the things for it, and pull the pump too. need anything else just post it.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:25 AM
12 Second Club

how much of the vacuume lines up top can i take off i wasnt sure how many of them were for what guess i need to get the motor back together and figure it out already ditched the air pump and egr is turned off on my car so dont have to worry about the codes... i put the block off plates on the back of the intake also
Old 04-12-2006, 06:29 AM
On The Tree

there is only one vacuum line that goes to the EGR system its on the driver's side of the intake manifold about half way from front to back there is a very small vacuum line connected to it and that line is connected to a black box that is hooked up to a sensor, that is what (would) trip the SES light, that is really the only electrical/vacuum connector that you take off for the EGR.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:02 AM
12 Second Club

ok thats cool ill just have to figure out what goes where when i get finished then... ill take some pics and see to help figure out what can and cant come off
Old 04-12-2006, 08:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Texas_TA
ok thats cool ill just have to figure out what goes where when i get finished then... ill take some pics and see to help figure out what can and cant come off
yeah that would be nice, pics always help

Quick Reply: what can i take off