LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need some LT1 help here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 12:54 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some LT1 help here!

LT1 was running perfect until a month or two ago when it started acting up. Problem is, when the car warms up, while driving it starts to load up. I can let off the gas and it will go away for a second, or if I keep my foot on the gas, it goes nowhere and you can hear it loading up. After about ten seconds of hearing and feeling the car loading up, it takes off. Even when the car is acting up, if I stop somewhere, the idle sounds funny and when i try to take off, the car falls on its face and I have to rev it up alittle bit to go. You can actually hear a different noise in the exhaust and feel the car wants to go nowhere when its acting up. Anybody have any ideas on this? Not knowing what it can be, I've recently done a tune up on the car, plugs, wires, etc. Anybody know whats wrong with the car?
Old 04-13-2006, 01:03 AM
Staging Lane

my guess is the optispark is on its way out. I'd make sure a plug wire or something didn't get burned up or fall off first though
Old 04-13-2006, 01:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Does the car drive normal when it is cold ? If so, then this would definetely be sensor related as certain sensors are not read until the car is warm, such as the O2 sensors. Do you have a check engine light ? I had a similar problem on my LT1 Vette and it was a bad O2 sensor causing one bank of cylinders to get really rich and then it would miss out very badly. Do you notice any black smoke coming out of the exhaust ?
Old 04-13-2006, 03:13 AM
TECH Pimp

The car has brand new 02's, all the wires are clear of the exhaust, and all the wires are as stated above brand new. What sensors should we check/replace next? Cause that seems like it might be the issue.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:22 AM
11 Second Club

Another sensor that just bit me in the *** was the coolant sensor on the water pump (used by computer for temp). I had replaced two times during the cars life and it or the wiring connector went bad (thanks for the fix Ellis). Had basically the same issues with loading up, dying that you had. You might try having your car scanned in real time (Tech 2 or something) and see if any sensors look funky. Mine would work fine then go to -40C and add a bunch of fuel....Normally though, the OXY sensors, spark plugs/wires or Opti-crap are the culprits.....
Old 04-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Banned

Thanks alot Jimbob. Tomorrow I'm going to check out the sensor and probably go ahead and replace it. Few people are telling me that could be the problems. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Need some LT1 help here!