LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

hooker vs. Pacesetter (LT's ONLY!!)

Old 04-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hooker vs. Pacesetter (LT's ONLY!!)

I have heard great and horrible things about pacesetter long tubes....

I understand they are cheaper but i am getting rid of pacessetter mids because of the fitament problems, spark plug/wire acess, and the fact that the Y pipe sucks ***** as far as leaks.

I have been assured that all these are not problems on the newer LT's but would like real owners opinions on it. I would rather spend the lil bit of extra coin and not run into the same exact problems for the second time w/ headers.

I have never heard anyone said anything negative about hookers and i would like a decent fitting, not super hard install, acceptable plug access, no leak header.... I am in the price range that i can splurge and get hookers but can't really afford kooks(or else that would be the only resolution). Also i am fabricating TD's for the car so Y pipe fitament/leakage is not a matter whatsoever. Thanks for anyones response in advance.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I asked the same question not too long ago, here is the whole thread
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/488357-headers.html
Old 04-16-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Veteran

I've got the Hookers and they're a good header. Fitment once you get them into the chassis is good but I had to jack the motor up and all that jazz. That was expected though. I can reach all the plugs up top except for 6 & 8 which I usually tackle through the bottom with starter off (pretty easy from there). Save your money on the ceramic coating (wish I did). It'll just rust off. Stays longer than paint, but not worth it IMHO.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the Pacesetter's and they fit good and there are no leaks and I have the emission's headers. I think the driver's side header fits a little too close to the floor area and the y-pipe will hit the floor crease on occasion when you jump on it. I'm real happy with them.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have hookers and they have no issues.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by dhdenney
I've got the Hookers and they're a good header. Fitment once you get them into the chassis is good but I had to jack the motor up and all that jazz. That was expected though. I can reach all the plugs up top except for 6 & 8 which I usually tackle through the bottom with starter off (pretty easy from there). Save your money on the ceramic coating (wish I did). It'll just rust off. Stays longer than paint, but not worth it IMHO.
I heard the Ceramic coating is pretty good on Hookers. It rusted off? I had Pacesetter shorties, and had a few problems with them, so I am buying Hookers soon.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just installed a set of Pacesetters on a 95 Z and they fit perfect and the Pacesetter Y pipe was nice also.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:05 AM
12 Second Club

My pacesetter fit nicley and dont leak, no complaints here, $400 with the Y-pipe
Old 04-17-2006, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like my hookers except that they were a pita to get in but thats just like any lt and then that damn pos slip fit primary on the drivers side header leaks like a sob and i hate it but oh well ill just keep dealing with it until i have money for kooks
Old 04-17-2006, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...+setter+hooker

READ IT!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: hooker vs. Pacesetter (LT's ONLY!!)