LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

coil? vacumm Leak? computer? Help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coil? vacumm Leak? computer? Help?

My car is back together finally. tags on it and i can drive it now but there is always something wrong thats how it feels.

(computer is tuned by pcmforless.com egr and air removed from system.)

Im pulling these codes

P1441 Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) system flow during non-purge

P0443 Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) purge solenoid control circuit

P0154 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) insufficient signal activity Bank 2 Sensor 1
(i have Long tube headers1 7/8 to a 3 in collector)

I think the coil is bad but i wanted to check the codes to see if those were possible causing my trouble.

b4 i ran the codes i accidently disc the evap canister purge solenoid then plugged it back in. I also noticed my friend hooked up the fuel pressure regulator to the egr solenoid so i fixed that and hooked it up to a vacumm line on the intake. There is a blue plug that have nothing to plug it into on the passenger side of the motor up by the TB. if someone could tell me what it hooks too i would appreciate it. i sprayed a can of carb cleaner all around the vacumm lines to check for leaks and didn't find any. Im in a tug of war with this problem maybe one of you guys can get the problem straight for me.

(new coil and wires on the way)

Thanks for the help
-Joe
Old 04-17-2006, 11:41 PM
Staging Lane

need some1s help here
Old 04-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had evap system problems with my Z28 right after I bought it. I think I had the P1441 code also. I removed the evap control solenoid and found that it was clogged with carbon particles from the evap canister. I ended up replacing the solenoid, vacuum sensor, and evap canister and haven't had any problems since. Since you are also getting a control circuit code, it might not be the same problem.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the reply!
the miss ended up being caused by the coil wires or plugs. replaced those and the miss was gone. I figured out i was missing my evap purge sensor so i dug it out of the misc parts box i have and put that back on. i haven't ran the codes again but need too because now im having another issue the car is loosing idle.

endless issues at the moment. car has always idled high (2k) till u come to a stop then its down to where its programmed (900). Well the other day when my friend was driving it i noticed the idle was dropping down to 500rpms and then shortly after that the car died. started right back up and i did not have the problem after that for 2 days. then today when i was driving it the idle dropped to 500-400 rpms and almost dies for a little then sometimes it comes back up to 900 rpms normal idle. Very strange issue. Maybe its the IAC? any clues here??
Old 04-21-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i got my computer tuned by them, twice, and have had nothing but problems ever since. The O2 sensors are reading lean and my long term fuel trim is -13%, which means the car THINKS it's running rich so it's pulling fuel OUT. I had the Tech II on it the other day and my desired idle was set at 587. My car runs awesome at 650rpm as an idle, but below 600 it starts running like hell i dont know why they set it like that.

I'm going to cough up the money and get it dyno tuned because this tune is **** unless i'm WOT
Old 04-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by radd
endless issues at the moment. car has always idled high (2k) till u come to a stop then its down to where its programmed (900). Well the other day when my friend was driving it i noticed the idle was dropping down to 500rpms and then shortly after that the car died. started right back up and i did not have the problem after that for 2 days. then today when i was driving it the idle dropped to 500-400 rpms and almost dies for a little then sometimes it comes back up to 900 rpms normal idle. Very strange issue. Maybe its the IAC? any clues here??
The IAC is a good place to start. Could be sticking and not setting correctly.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ec_nova
I'm going to cough up the money and get it dyno tuned because this tune is **** unless i'm WOT
Well a dyno tune is mainly just for wot operation so I don't think that will help you very much.

Quick Reply: coil? vacumm Leak? computer? Help?