LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Motor Mount Mystery Mad

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 12:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Mount Mystery Mad

ok i have 95 z28, been doing a complete tune up in past few days, all gaskets, and i got to my mounts today and i bought ones from retailer shop down road(o'reillys and autozone) and it was jsut the rubber mount, but when i took them off the car the only way i could do it(engine was lifted) was to take off a whole bracket that held motor moutn and there is apparently no way to get that mount out??? and the ones i bought are definently too big to put in there? so do they sell the mount and bracket(brackets are riveted together) or wut???
Old 04-19-2006, 08:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

No, you have to drill out the rivets and separate the 2 halves to replace the mount. You replace the stock rubber mount with a new one or a poly mount. The stock ones stretch pretty bad and will allow the motor to twist too much so it's worth taking the time to replace them.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

they either gave you the wrong ones. Only the poly mounts require drilling and bolting. they come with directions or how to do it.

BTW the Left and right are different
Old 04-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Launching!

i drill out the rivets on the motor mount brackets? and then wut do i do? how do i make sure the new ones stay in the bracket, o and i got the poly ones, they just seem way to big to go in that bracket
Old 04-19-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did you remove both motor mounts? One side is bigger than the other. With the poly mounts you should have gotten some nuts and bolts and zip ties along with instructions. One tip I will offer is on the passenger side you will want to trim a little off the corners of the poly mount because the bolt head will be right up against it and you won't be able to get a tool on the bolt to get it into the crossmember.

What part # did you get for the mounts? I believe there are some differences on the LT1 cars.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Launching!

yea on passenger size(the 4 bolt bracket) it looks like it would fit, but the drivers side(3 bolt bracket) theres no way the mount would fit????
Old 04-20-2006, 10:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

What's the part # on the box of the mounts you bought? Can you post a picture of the mounts to make sure they are right. A lot of times people return stuff to the local parts store with the wrong parts and they just throw it back on the shelf so you never know.

Quick Reply: Motor Mount Mystery Mad