LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

running rich (pig rich)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 07:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default running rich (pig rich)

Tommorow the plugs and o2's will be changed but here is the story. This morning the car drove fine. Later when I get back in the car it doesnt seem like it wants to go into closed loop. Even after driving for 15 minutes the rin and lin stayed the same. Later the lin started moving and the rin was stuck in the 199-200 range. I also noticed the Lo2 sensor was reading in the teens and not moving, then when it did move it got stuck around 100 something and stayed the same instead of jumping around like it normally does. It was also in cell 10 most of the time on the highway. Normally my a/f ratio is around 14.7 +-3 at p/t. Now it's in the low 12's 11's. the o2 milivolts is also reading low but thats expected if the o2 sensor is reading right. It also had a 63 - Bank 2 (right) O2 sensor, open circuit code but after replacing it with another used o2 sensor it went away. The plugs look fine, theyre fairly new and the opti is a dynaspark. Didnt notice any air leaks either. Also I cant go into WOT. I suspect it's because way to much fuel is being dumped in. Anything else I should do after changing the plugs, adding o2 extenders, and changing the o2's?