LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Cat help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat help?

Hey guys Im kinda in a hurry, did a search but no results. Can I remove my single cat from my 95 LT1? It started rattling today and I have another half year until emissions so I want to cut it out, put a pipe in place with clamps until I get a new cat. As far as I remember I shouldnt need anything else than just to remove it and put a straight pipe there correct? Or would I need programming?

Thanks for the help.

Also, anyone remember off the top of their heads what size the stock piping is (I assume the Y-pipe and stock "cat-back" are the same diameter)?

Last edited by Charging TA; 04-26-2006 at 08:10 AM.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It will run.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:55 AM
TECH Resident

Oh I have no question about it running, just cant remember if OBDI will throw an SES code, I remember the oxygen-sensors being only in front of the cat versus on both sides like OBDII, or am I remembering wrong?
Old 04-26-2006, 10:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Charging TA
Oh I have no question about it running, just cant remember if OBDI will throw an SES code, I remember the oxygen-sensors being only in front of the cat versus on both sides like OBDII, or am I remembering wrong?
No OBD1 wont throw a code. I forget where my O2 sensors were when I took the stock manifolds and y-pipe off but you will be fine putting a straight pipe in place of the cat as far as I know.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
No OBD1 wont throw a code. I forget where my O2 sensors were when I took the stock manifolds and y-pipe off but you will be fine putting a straight pipe in place of the cat as far as I know.
Thanks I thought so... now to see if I can get the right size pipe from here (cant even get Standard bolts in Europe, Ive been walking around with a bolt that I need for my desk because one got lost during shipping here... no one carries it, brought it even to Sweden... arrrg)

Quick Reply: Cat help?