LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Hesitation on start-up

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hesitation on start-up

When first driving the car after it's been parked overnight it'll hesitate just a bit for a mile or 2 as you go up through the gears (I let the car sit and idle for a bit first, I'm in Arizona, so I'm not exactly fighting off polar bears). Then, you can kind of feel the car easing out of it and you get that feeling that it's under full power. It's not sputtering like it's starving for fuel it just feels, well, like it's constipated (dammit Jim, I'm a musician, not a mechanic). It mostly does it after being parked for some time, but sometimes after being parked for a short while (fueling up, getting a bite to eat) it'll do it as well but not as long. '94 Z28 M6 with 94K, opti replaced at 70K, no work done to the engine. By no means does this issue render the car not driveable, it's just annoying. Is it Auto Zone you can go to and get a scan for free? A friend of mine says it could be a bad sensor; but then again, he's as mechanically clueless as I am, which is pretty bad.

Thanks in advance to all...
Old 04-27-2006, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you might think about the fuel pump, im having pump troubles right now, im ordering one tomorrow from summit, just throwing that idea out there.