LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

dipstick tube wont fit with headers..

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default dipstick tube wont fit with headers..

I have arizona speed and marine headers installed and now i cant fit my dipstick tube back in. It wont fit inbetween the headers. Anyone else have this problem? Do they make an aftermarket dipstick tube that is flexible or bends like a stainless steel one or something? I dont know what to do.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

I bought this one... expensive, but very easy to slide in and bend to where you need it

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 05-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

When I installed my Jet Hot LT's I had to bend mine a tad to get it to fit properly. I know that Lokar makes one as well.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 93ZM6
I have arizona speed and marine headers installed and now i cant fit my dipstick tube back in. It wont fit inbetween the headers. Anyone else have this problem? Do they make an aftermarket dipstick tube that is flexible or bends like a stainless steel one or something? I dont know what to do.

The mounting tab on the dip stick tube is hanging you up huh. This is cause you mounted your header before reinstalling the tube.

You are supposed to install the dipstick tube while a second person holds the header near its mounting location. Once you have th tube slipped in then you mount the header. It will work but it is cumbersome as hell and it just plain sux to do it by yourself.

What I did was remove the mounting tab from my dipstick tube at the 3 tack welds, then I JB welded the 3 small holes in the tube up to prevent leaks. I then made a mount out of scrap metal that allows me to install the tube AFTER the header is installed. Works like a dream. Just install the tube minus the mounting tab and fab up a way to capture it. I also sanded the tube sown a bit so it easily slides back into the block, just dont forget to RTV it or it WIL leak.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

I installed mine after I did my LTs, but I had to use the "persuader" a.k.a. big ****** prybar and hammer to get that tab to line up. In the end it did though.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:17 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Mines was a pain in the *** to get back in the car, that tab had to have the **** bended out of it to get it to work.

Quick Reply: dipstick tube wont fit with headers..