LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Some interesting info

Old 05-15-2006, 05:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Some interesting info

I found this out recently. I guess if you have a Cam, you can get rid of the EGR system, without any problems. The LT4 from the factory never had an EGR system on it, cause of the Cam profile, and the Overlap. The reason was that the Factory Cam had enough duration to bleed the pressure out of the Cylinders, so it didn't need any exhaust in the incoming fuel/air mixture to cool down the combustion chamber, which prevents detonation. The way I figure, if you have a HOTCAM and up, you should have no problems with removing the EGR. I thought this was a nice interesting bit of info.

Last edited by the_merv; 05-15-2006 at 05:50 AM.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats interesting, I'm still to know how to remove that.
haha.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

It's easy. I found the EGR plates that I was looking for. Here: http://www.umiperformance.com/2100.aspx
Cost $31.94 with shipping.
What you do is unbolt the pipe that goes from the back right of the intake to the Exhaust manifold. The smaller plate with 2 bolt holes goes there. Then unbolt the EGR Valve itself and put the larger plate there. Use Hi-temp Silicone to seal these. I will be running LT Headers that don't have the EGR connection, so I don't need the small plate, but that is where it goes. Then remove the EGR Solenoid(little black box with the vacuum lines sticking out), and plug or cap off the one connection that one of the lines goes to on the left side of the intake. That's it.

Search this Thread