LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

need some troubleshooting help guys!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some troubleshooting help guys!!!!

Hey guys, well I drove my camaro into work today cause its been pouring all day and night. Im getting a sputting again. I upgraded to the delteq system and the car ran like a bat outta hell. Now recently under any acceleration the car gets a sputtering and wont clear up at all unless u let off the throtle a whole lot. Wires are all good, havent pulled the plugs (been raining) yet but alsmot everythign looks good. I changed my fuel filter and checked my fuel lines and everything and it all seemed fine, except I wasent able to check my fuel pressure but I can today.

So anyone have any suggestions on what it could be? Could it be that my old opti sensors are not sendin a clear signal? I saw someone took theirs out and cleaned it once. worth doing?

open for any suggestions.

BTW Im selling the car so I jsut want it to run right first before I sell it, I dont liek selling pieces of junk.

Thanx - Shawn
Old 05-16-2006, 10:03 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even though you have swapped to delteq, the opti part of the distributor is still in use. This is the part of the distributor I have seen fail the most. So I would say your optispark is trashed again.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Teching In

I would go back and make certain that the wires are connected to the spark plugs firmly. I had the same problem and it was my number 8 wire was just bearly loose. its the one you cant get to except from under the car. anyways before I bought a new opti I would illiminate it. if that is good then I would check you control module and have it tested to amke sure its working, I have had more problems with that then the opti. it is to close to the heads, I had to space it away from the head and that fixed the problem for me. Just a suggestion. peace.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:51 AM
Launching!

Yeah I kinda had a feeling it was the opti going out again, I had another wate rpump leak a while ago and it started the whole problem. I will check all the wires again and crimp them down a lil more to have a tighter fit. Thanx for the suggestions!
Old 05-16-2006, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Non-vented opti.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Launching!

does that mean that I could have more or less problems?
Old 05-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Launching!

I tired crimping down all the spark plug wires at both ends, one seemed a lil off but it still ran the same with all the plugs a lil tighter fit.

Im kinda thinking mabey the opti since that was the original problem. are the vented optis better for longer lasting or closed ones better?>
Old 05-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Launching!

man i thogut my car wasent gunan make it home today form work, was raiign and it felt even worse kinda. I had one nasty back fire once though. So I guess Ima replace my opti and see if that will do it.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by garth285
man i thogut my car wasent gunan make it home today form work, was raiign and it felt even worse kinda. I had one nasty back fire once though. So I guess Ima replace my opti and see if that will do it.
I don't know all of the mechanics on the older Opti's, but you should replace it with a 96-97 vented one if you can.

Quick Reply: need some troubleshooting help guys!!!!