LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I really am this dumb

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I really am this dumb

I am selling my car and some guy came out today to look at it. Little did I know after 10 months of ownership that I have edelbrock shorty headers. I never even paid attention or even knew what to look for before I bought this car. I don't do my own mechanical work and never saw the headers until today. They are pretty rusted by now. I always thought my car was pretty loud with stock ws6 exhaust and even pretty loud for having the magnaflow that I now have. Well, this explains it. The car runs pretty hot and has pretty low oil pressure. I'm wondering if the headers have anything to do with it. Maybe they damaged a spark plug wire? Maybe they just suck? What do you guys think? Does missing any of the 4 o2 sensors greatly hurt a car's performance? This isn't bad news that I have the headers, just a surprise. can I still pass smog in Cali? I know as a fact that the cats are still in place. Just thought I would share this story of stupidity with everybody.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

My car is a 96 ws6 by the way.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Launching!

If your missing any O2 sensors, you won't pass an emissions test. As far as hurting performance, it will probly run a tad rich but it shouldn't greatly effect your performance. You should be able to pass emissions if the headers are 50 state legal with the AIR injection pump still hooked up and the EGR tube on the very back passenger header still attached.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

You should be able to if the guy who owned it before you did..

Quick Reply: I really am this dumb