LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

need help with my water pump hoses

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Default need help with my water pump hoses

So im in the process of converting to a track only car. So i deleted all my heater hoses and TB coolent hoses. But now theres 3-4 open ends on the water pump. All i need is the 2 comming off the radiator. What do i do with the rest? and if someone can supply pics that would be GREAT!! this is driving me nuts
Old 06-12-2006, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I already had the intentions of deleting my heater hoses from the get-go, so I planned to buy this pump in advance, but this is a 92' Corvette model pump that originally came from the factory with only one extra heater hose pipe. (The one next to the water neck that points upward.) Basically all I did was chop it off with a carbon cutoff wheel, and then welded it shut with this stuff called "Alumalloy." (You can weld this stuff with a propane torch; melts at 700 degrees.)

After I ground it off flush and polished it, blends in nicely with the surrounding metal:

Just to be on the safe side, I packed some JB-Weld in behind the Alumalloy on the other side of the hole on the inside of the housing. Also, you don't HAVE to cut the pipes off if you don't want to: if you're ambitious enough, they can be pulled out if you've got a bench vise to anchor the pump to, a set of vise grips, and alot of human torque.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

hummm, not a bad idea at all!! maby ill pull them all out and have my buddy who works at a machine shop make me some filler plates and weld um shut. Hummmmm............ more to ponder. Thanks for the pic too!!
Old 06-12-2006, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only had 2 'holes' to mess with. I looped the ones going to the heater box. Get the smaller sized one in the tubing and then work it over the larger one, used about a 12" piece.
You mentioned the TB bypass, that one from the TB should be connected to another hose already there.

Quick Reply: need help with my water pump hoses