LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

383 up and running few problems...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 383 up and running few problems...

Ok so my new engine is in and running but i have a few problems..

First off it misfires and is running really rich, i changed the spark plugs and wires triples checked every connection everything is good on that, and it shouldent be the opti because i bought a dynaspark and they are suppose to test everyone before they send them out so i pray it isnt that. What else can cause a mis fire or the car to run rich? it may not be misfiring maybe just hesitating from running too rich?

Second my speedo and my temperature gauge do not work but all my other gauges work which is weird....these are probably the 2 most important ones i want working haha so what can cause this? Could it be a problem with the tune? If the temp gauge isnt working right can this cause the car to run rich because the computer thinks its running cold all the time?

The engine is golens 383 400 hp package its on there websight if you need the specs, it was also tuned by them i think they go through moates for tuning. Thanks i know this thing is slow close to running right but i just cant figure out the problem i know its got more power in her since its running so rich.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

anyone?
Old 06-15-2006, 07:41 PM
TECH Veteran

You've got a 93. Speed density cars are difficult to tune. If you have made no provisions for that then that's your first place to look.

Quick Reply: 383 up and running few problems...