LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anyone ever COMPLETELY bypassed VATS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone ever COMPLETELY bypassed VATS?

So I was looking at AllData wiring diagrams of my car and while looking through the VATS portions after determining that either my VATS module was defunct or it was not getting power, I came upon an interesting possiblity...

The VATS module grounds the Starter Enable relay and grounds the Fuel Enable wire to the PCM. Now, if I was to ground these wires myself, then it would completely bypass VATS altogether because the module would no longer be part of the system.

Has anyone ever done this? Did it work?
Old 06-15-2006, 05:23 PM
11 Second Club

I bypassed mine, but I used a diagram from shoebox.com I think, been so long now I don't remember. Big purple wire behind the glovebox was jumped, I'd have to dig it up. It bypassed the ignition keycode which was acting up not letting me start the car, think that's the VATS, anyway never had a problem since. I can dig up the step-by-step if thats what your looking to do.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

I completely removed the VATS system by just running that one wire to ground when I swapped in the LT1. However, VATS still needs to be programmed off and your security light will no longer be functional. I'm putting the VATS module back in, only because I want the security light(for programming purposes).

Quick Reply: Anyone ever COMPLETELY bypassed VATS?