LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

a push in the right direction.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a push in the right direction.

So i am coming from european cars, mostly volkswagons and BMW's. and I kinda was just dropped this formula 93 lt1 6spd. shes bone stock atm. but as i said... for the moment. i have another daily driver on the way because this car is just going to be a weekend warrior and cruise wagon.come september/october the motor is going to be pulled and built, and shes getting new paint etc..etc..

I wanna know what kinda of horsepower I can do within reason. I am not looking to make this a DD by any means but it also not going to be a track car... myb once in a blue moon going to the track(if ever).

So... i am looking for some reccomendations on parts, cams, injectors, heads.....etc etc....and what to stay away from.

how much would i benifit from boring/stroking this motor? or should i jsut say screw it and buy a crate?(id lie to stay lt1)

and i would like to stay N/a....

thanx for any info.

(the reason i am asking for advice now.. is i would like to start peicing it togther and take my time getting the parts i want so come september i would ahve everything and be good to go..)
Old 06-17-2006, 11:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

well if it is in good shape engine wise 400rwhp is fairly easy to get to these days.

Big cam good heads and good headers with supporting parts should get you there in a hurry
Old 06-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Teching In

well we ripped it apart and everything is clean... all the internals are amazing for having 133k on the car itself...

i was kinda of hoping for mid to high 500...if not 600 N/a ... but thats where my problem lies i havent found anyone with that kind of power out fo an lt1 yet.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:18 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't really think that you will be able to get that much to the ground out of an LT1. You should be able to see 400-430, with h/c and bolt-ons. I know you want to stay n/a, but you could easily get to your desired power levels with just a 150 shot. Which even a stock LT1 would laugh at. Check out Lloyd Elliot for H/C combo, if he is still a sponsor (not sure). Hope this helps a little bit.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Teching In

....... is the 400-430 horsepower bored or not?

and i know nothing about nitrous.... i wouldnt have a problem using it its jsut i dont know what i could take/ what kind of system to use\(wet dry)/ cost vs outcome.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bored maybe, but not stroked. Nitrous is definately the best bang for the buck mod. Check out http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/ they offer alot of different kits, so you can see what's out there. Those dyno numbers are off his website with a 6 speed and stock 10 bolt. I'll PM you the site because I'm not sure if he is a sponsor.

Quick Reply: a push in the right direction.