LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Power Steering Leak

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 08:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering Leak

I've had a power steering fluid leak for awhile now (6 months?).. It's a slow constant drip from the bottom of my car. It's slow enough that I just have some cardboard under the car in my garage that catches the drips when i park. I was wondering if there is a usual spot where the leak is coming from, because I looked under the car and the steering rack and linkage whole area on the drivers side is wet, so I can't tell where the leak is coming from. I checked the bot best I could and didn't see any cracks but the boot wouldn't be leaking fluid, it would be grase, right? I filled the power steering with the stop leak fluid a few weeks ago, and it's still leaking, it didn't seem to help. I don't really know what to do about this as I'venever dealt with steering stuff before. Thanks for any help.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take some brake cleaner or go to a high preasure car wash and clean it up real good. then u should see the leak if you can find the leak i still have all my power steering stuff just let me know what you need

Quick Reply: Power Steering Leak