LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Powered Weiand 6-71 blower motor

Old 06-25-2006, 11:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LT1 Powered Weiand 6-71 blower motor

ok guys i know this has came up before but i couldnt find anything on it..and to some of you this might seem far fetched but ive had this on my mind and i want to get it off...so heres the deal i never see ANYONE that has tryed to put a 6-71 oldschool on an lt1 except a guy that dropped one in a t bucket and of course is easy as hell on the motor placement and such because of space requirements..now in the lt1 is a complete different story....1 i have heard that the weiand intake for the blower fits almost perfect except for a couple of imperfections such as bolt holes are in different places...now i dont see why you couldnt modify one and slap it on the lt1 and then put a carb set up on it...which leads into the bullshit part of lt1's being under the cowl so much so i have never seen a 6-71 in person so i dont know exactly how tall it is but seeing pictures and such it looks like the blower would be just touching the top of the cowl of the car or maybe a little lhigher but of course like i said i dont have any measuremnts to work off of...so say that it does barely clear the cowl..cut it a bit for it to fit and then the carb setup comes into play...now i dont know too much about carbs yet because im a fi guy but on the weiand blowers that are used for dual carb setups..is the actual insides divided or is it just made to be able to run dual smaller carbs..if its divided then your f'd but if it isnt then why couldnt you just cap that rear and use a big carb just on the front one..now that might ALMOST clear so of course you would have to cut out probably 5-6 inches wide of your cowl to fit the back inch or two of the carb which comes onto the air filter part of it...you could use one of the old school ones that comes out of your hood and has the 3 inlet that has flaps and such would look quite interesting coming out of an lt1 car haha...or i guess you could just use the 2 inch or so chrome ones that i see on some cars and you would just have to have a 3-4 inch cowl hood or just cut your stock hood and make it look half decent...so then maybe to make it a little better..move the motor up an inch or two..make custom mounts for the motor mounts...longer driveshaft...custom make the radiator and such to be straight up and down...buy some like 8 inch fans and put them on the bottom part of the radiator so that the EWP would clear...cut your hoses to fit...make your wiring harness longer(or maybe it would stretch) your shifter would have to move farther forward and you would have to cut the hole in the body and then cut your shifter...custom make your exhaust an inch or two longer on the y'pipe and i know im probably forgetting about 5 things but i just thought i woudl bring this in and see what everyone else thought about this and i know a couple of you are going to say thats f'in retarded well just dont post im not saying that this is going to happen i just started thinking about it and it wont get out of my head

and here is proof that it can be done on an lt1

and this looks old but what about using a small weiand like this..this will DEFINATELY fit under the cowl

Last edited by 2fast97Z; 06-25-2006 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW. I want that but with a Fuel Injection
Old 06-25-2006, 11:44 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats amazing.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:45 PM
Staging Lane

well, obviously it would fit the lt1, as seen in those pictures, but if you want to go that custom, i guess custom would be the word for it, I woudl think you would cut the cowl to clear, by the looks of it I guess it wouldnt be that much either. And then you could just get a big *** Cowl hood, and that would look pretty sweet, or one of those cowl hood that go all the way to the window, and cut it for the carbs to stick out of if need be, that would be sweet.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

trust me that would be sick with fuel injection but there is no way in hell some holes for some fuel injectors are going to make room next to that big *** blower
Old 06-26-2006, 01:10 AM
Banned

would that blower bolt directly to some sb2.2 converted to lt1 heads? that would be sick...
Old 06-26-2006, 02:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

somewhat it would supposively some bolt holes are in different locations but other than that it bolts up but i may be wrong and got some bad info..ports look the same tho
Old 06-26-2006, 07:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fast97Z
trust me that would be sick with fuel injection but there is no way in hell some holes for some fuel injectors are going to make room next to that big *** blower

if you want to use fuel injection...use throttle body style injection.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

damn thats just sick i wouldnt mind a blower on my lt1...
Old 06-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Banned

the best part of it is root style blower = instant boost..any rpm you hit it boost will be there no lag.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

its cool but why bother keeping an lt1? i'd just go with a standard small block and do that.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by blkchevyz
its cool but why bother keeping an lt1? i'd just go with a standard small block and do that.
I agree...would be much cheaper in the long run...if you want to make alot of power
Old 06-26-2006, 11:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

There have been a few roots blower LT1s one company was even selling a kit for the b-body since we have more room underhood.

Far as doing it and topping it with a carb I agree with the other just go to a gen1, the injection is a big part of what makes the LT1 so great once you get rid of it it has little over a Gen1 with decent heads.

That said injection is a wonderful thing, you can make the fuel and spark curves easily do things years of tinkering with a distributor and carb could not reproduce. If you use something like a blower from a Lightning you can keep the port injection BUT you have to fabricate the intake base this is how they did the kit for the b-bodies.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah but the whole point is a shitload of people do it on sbc's an lt1 with it would be something different and wouldnt be like everyone else
Old 06-26-2006, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://users.senet.com.au/~tims/WebPage.html

actually emailed the guy and he gave me his full site prety amazing...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LT1 Powered Weiand 6-71 blower motor