LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

problems with adjusting the valves???

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with adjusting the valves???

i have a 97 z-28 with a lt-1 just installed hot cam kit , new rollerlifters, 1.6 ratio rocker arms with the hex srew lock in the middle of the nut , but now i am having trouble adjusting the rocker arms and have heard many different ways to adjust them. Whta is the best way i need help????
Old 07-06-2006, 05:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 97zlt1wfo
i have a 97 z-28 with a lt-1 just installed hot cam kit , new rollerlifters, 1.6 ratio rocker arms with the hex srew lock in the middle of the nut , but now i am having trouble adjusting the rocker arms and have heard many different ways to adjust them. Whta is the best way i need help????
http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#adjust_valves

Method 1, 2 or 3 are all great methods. I prefer 3 using a remote starter when doing hydraulic lifters. Now that I'm solid roller I use Method 1 where I can set half of them @#1 TDC then rotate #6 TDC and set the rest.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you wanting to know how to tighten the poly locks or are you wanting to know which ones to tighten at what time, if your asking what time to tightin use shoeboxs site. If you want to know how to tighten the poly locks i back the set screw out all the way so it wont interfer with tightning the rocker down once the rocker is tightened the correct amount it will put threadlocker on the set screw and then tighten that down.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Resident

the way to lock the locks in... is get zero lash, then turn the outer nut 1/2 turn and then tighten the middle nut all the way down, the turn the outer nut another 1/4 turn to make sure it doesnt back off.. thats the way i have always set those adn have never had one back off.