LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Got my first ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 01:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got my first ticket...

So I was coming back from my friends house, wanted to get home cuz I was hungry. Going a little fast down the back road coming out on to the main route, car went by, I went, another car behind me (the cop) didnt see it at the time though. Anyways the first car was going dead *** slow so I passed in a passing zone, 45mph zone. I go over the hill and start putting on my brakes for the stop I see these headlights coming on behind me, thought It was a mustang or something and wanted a race until I saw ******* lights come on so I slow down, pull over of course he shines his 5000 watt spot light directly into my mirrors blinding me. Asks for all the ****, asked if I was drinking (good thing I didnt cuz I came back from a party) Gives me a summons for court saying I was doing 86+..which is bullshit cuz I hit about 80 if that...and he was driving he didnt have a gun to clock me..anyways I got a summons for court...well see what happens...
Old 07-08-2006, 01:57 AM
TECH Resident

just cuz he was driving doesnt mean he cant clock you... they are mounted all over cop cars now days... some even have side shots... its insane now days.. so how much was the ticket??? or did he only give you the NTA.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:02 AM
TECH Resident

He gave me a summons to appear in court, not ticketed amount of money or anything. It says "Wreckless driving" on the summons.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:08 AM
TECH Resident

he gave you and NTA for that....lol... where do you live??? im an Officer in FL, and wreckless driving is only like a 200 dollar ticket..
Old 07-08-2006, 02:19 AM
TECH Resident

Connecticut.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:23 AM
TECH Resident

thats messed up right there...
Old 07-08-2006, 02:24 AM
TECH Resident

Maybe hes blue oval lover.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Yea, your getting robbed on that one. He is profiling the fast cars...
I got pulled over in my Caddy for 93 in a 60(Highway cruisin). That was my first speeding ticket, and it was $35..
I've had a couple of close calls in the Camaro, and I am sure I am not the only one..lol

Last edited by the_merv; 07-08-2006 at 02:35 AM.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:33 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, my Wreckless Ticket for pulling outa my hood and getting to 35mph like an old lady was $250. (Open Headers got me a ticket)

Tony.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:48 AM
TECH Resident

Hopefully something good happens since its my first ticket. I just hope I dont get 10 dollars per mile over.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to court and offer to pay the full amount in cash. They probably won't even put it on your record if you do that and it really is your first offense. Tell the judge you are sorry. Seen what I just stated happen a thousand times.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:29 AM
TECH Resident

Oh crap... CT, worst state to get a ticket in. My dad got a $4000 (it was over that amount, but cant remember exactly) for not having the trailer+cargo weight on the truck (brand new at the time Ram 3500) registration (which you dont have to in Florida, and the vehicle was registered in Florida) so the DOT officer gave him one for being overweight (he wasnt, but it was because the total weight of everything wasnt on the truck's registration).

A former cop said theres a old law over there that sleepers (truck sleepers) must have white bed sheets and you can get ticketed for having anything but white.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

yeah I lived in CT for 4 years and I can tell you that you are fucked.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Charging TA
Oh crap... CT, worst state to get a ticket in. My dad got a $4000 (it was over that amount, but cant remember exactly) for not having the trailer+cargo weight on the truck (brand new at the time Ram 3500) registration (which you dont have to in Florida, and the vehicle was registered in Florida) so the DOT officer gave him one for being overweight (he wasnt, but it was because the total weight of everything wasnt on the truck's registration).

A former cop said theres a old law over there that sleepers (truck sleepers) must have white bed sheets and you can get ticketed for having anything but white.
see, thats fucked up... alot of cops dont know what the full faith and credit clause is... it states basically if you live and are registered in a state and are visiting another and a violation appears..but is legal in the state you live in... the state your in has to respect the laws of the other state...

we cant possible know all the laws in every state, only the one we live in... so that cop that gave your dad a ticket was just a complete dick.. especially if the truck wasnt even registered in CT... thats messed up...
Old 07-08-2006, 06:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by harvickgm
see, thats fucked up... alot of cops dont know what the full faith and credit clause is... it states basically if you live and are registered in a state and are visiting another and a violation appears..but is legal in the state you live in... the state your in has to respect the laws of the other state...

we cant possible know all the laws in every state, only the one we live in... so that cop that gave your dad a ticket was just a complete dick.. especially if the truck wasnt even registered in CT... thats messed up...
try telling that to a Virginia cop. Im registered in Fl, but they still pull me over for dumb **** all the time. "Va is a Commonwealth. While youre on the highways of the Commonwealth, you're expected to know and obey the laws of the Commonwealth." <---thats what they tell me
Old 07-08-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In North Carolina you can loose your driving privilege for anything more than 15 mph over the limit. The fact that you are required to go to court and not just pay the ticket would suggest that they will not let you off lightly. You might want to consult a lawyer before you go to court. Trust me, investing in a good lawyer could save you a ton on your insurance later.

Good Luck,

Daren
Old 07-10-2006, 02:36 AM
Staging Lane

i got pulled over in norfolk Va( Military Highway), going 95 in a 45, no ticket, cop happend to like my camaro, said that he use to have one just like it, so i got out of it, which was a good thing cause that ticket would of been really high, probley would lose my driving privileges..
Old 07-10-2006, 04:49 AM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by harvickgm
he gave you and NTA for that....lol... where do you live??? im an Officer in FL, and wreckless driving is only like a 200 dollar ticket..
try like $560 here
Old 07-10-2006, 06:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wreckless driving, and he stated he got you going 86+ did you ask how? Was it radar, pace? Also a lot of cops can doing rolling radar now a days, really need to watch out for it! Almost got me a few times! The only ticket I got so far was a improper lane change at 2am for not using my signal to turn into the turning lane, but used it for the turn. Was late, and I was tired ... he was doing radar in the median, and sure enough I made my turn and he was on my *** lights on. He also wanted to search my car, which I didnt care and let him ... dont know what his cause was, didnt really seem like there was any. I had my dome lights on, and both windows down ... he had a clear view and must of thought he saw something, or just wanted to see if he could get something out of his boring night. Oh wells, $117.50. Also I have been let off once for a 57 in a 40 ... cop was really cool, and told me to slow it down, did however right me written warnings which I didnt mind.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that's screwed up. I'd seriously look into a lawyer. See what they say at least. Just be very apologetic and say it was a stupid mistake and that you just had a bad day and were frustrated by the slower then posted driver and wanted to get home. They might understand, just make sure you mention you are very sorry for it. I've gotten outta 2 wreckless tickets back when i was much younger(22 now, was 16-17). One a kid threatened me with a baseball bat and i ran and people called us in and i got Wreckless. Judge told me to stay outta trouble for 6 months and it would stay off the record and a $65 fine. The other i was kickin' a V8 thunderbirds *** with my '00 3.8 Camaro and i made the mistake of trying to hide the car and the cops got me. Told the judge that the kid was tailgating me prior(he was) and he got next to me at the last light outta town and i blew his doors off. Judge laughed and asked how fast i was going. I told him 55 in a 35 and he let me off with the ticket amended down to a speeding ticket and $65 fine. I was going a little faster then that but oh well. Records clean now. Been safe and Sane since then. ~Cole~

Quick Reply: Got my first ticket...