LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Trick flow with slp cai???

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 09:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trick flow with slp cai???

On a 96 camaro lt1

I have the metal trick flow elbow with the maf and the metal slp cai and it just does not want to go in... it was a pain to get the cai on past the abs stuff and to get the bracket to slide in as well... but after I got it on then the maf wouldn't slip in to place because it was too tight, then I tried taking the elbow off and slipping it into the cai from the side and that won’t work either...it seems like it all together is about an inch too long and metal it touching metal there is no gaps under the hose parts... the funny part is I got this from another identical 96 camaro lt1 and it went on and came off very easily

My old set up was the 1le elbow with the K&N fipk and I didn’t have any problems with it…

I have tried everything I can think of and I would really hate to have to cut something shorter to make it fit…has anyone else had this issue???

Help please!
Old 07-13-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Regular

I had the exact same issue and ended up cutting my elbow about 1". Once I did that, everything lined up perfectly.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Banned

Just make sure you dont cut too much. Cut a 1/2 inch at a time, and just fit it on to see how it works.

I seen one guy cut about half an inch too much, and when the intake pointed down, the plate the holds the filter would not fit right because it was hitting off something.

In the worse case scernario, I know a place where you can get just the Trick Flow elbow for $60.

Last edited by burnzilla; 07-14-2006 at 01:12 AM.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have a Trick Flow elbow and a SLP CAI. I had to take the Sawzall to the round end. I cutoff an inch or so to make it fit.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:25 AM
Launching!

I guess cutting it is what I will have to do....I just don't understand why it fit just fine on my buddies identical 96 camaro lt1 What would cause it to fit on his and not on mine???