LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

headers for lt1 ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers for lt1 ?

Are there any headers that bolt into stock locations? I Imagine that they would be of the short type if so.

If these exist - Would they allow more room for changing plugs and wires? And How much increase in power would be over the stock manifolds?

I figure since I had a hard time changing wires, that I don't want to go through that again. I also have to change the O2 sensors soon, and was thinking maybe I could do it all at the same time.

What I am looking for is something that I can just bolt into place without haveing to cut the exhaust system. Mostly I am doing it for the increased room for plug changing, but a little power gain would be nice.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stock location? if you mean putting headers on using the stock y pipe yes you can get some shorty headers. i would go with some long tubes and a off road y pipe. in my opinion shortys are a waste of money. and yes it will make changing the plugs easier but its still gonna be a bitch to change the plug wires unless you go with a set that goes on top of your valve covers.

Quick Reply: headers for lt1 ?