LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help with DTC PO300 code

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with DTC PO300 code

I've got a 96 LT1 Camaro. I was driving down the road at 1500 rpms in 6th gear when the car started missing. I took it to my mechanic who recommended I change the plugs and wires. After he put those in it got better, but it wasn't quite right. He also recommended to change the EGR value. After that all the miss was gone except from 4800-5500 rpms. I had it put on a computer and the PO300 code came back. Along with that the MAP sensor showed bad. I replaced the MAP sensor. While it was on the computer the oxygen sensors also came back. I didnt think much of it because I've had it on a computer before and the guy at the dealership told me they were good but they still came back on the computer. A mechanic recommended I change the rotor cap and button. I've seen MSD has a cap and button out now. Would this be better than the GM replacement parts? Now I'm out of options. Please help! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 07-23-2006, 12:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it could be cap and rotor but it could be the opti itself. Sounds like the sam exact problem i had. I changed everything except the distributor. Cap, rotor, wires, map, coil, maf, tps and even swapped the ecm. put a new gm optispark in good as new. For all the trouble i would change the opti 1st time in if it has high miles on