LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Hey Should I Just Rebuild The Lt1 Out........

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hey Should I Just Rebuild The Lt1 Out........

hey people I wanna know your overall opinion's on should I just rebubild my high mileage lt1 motor or I have been thinking about finding me a complete ls1 motor and wiring harness and switching the car out maybe even the trans too..... anybody done this how Bad is it to swap out a lt1 car to ls1 setup??? the car's paid for and I getting ready to rebuild her or (( overhaul )) it. when I do whatever I was wanting t build it out alittle maybe a head and cam package for either.. let me know your opinion's and as always thanks for any advice and idea's
Old 07-29-2006, 11:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you do the ls1 swap you also have do do trannies too b/c the input shafts and bell housings are diff. IF you can find a cheap donor car then go for it if your set on it but be prepared to do some work. Personally though I would build up the lt1 and save for building up the rest of the drivetrain.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:00 PM
TECH Resident

its going to be expensive to swap it out... i would build the LT1 too... also considering the LT1 game is starting to step up... and the LS1 guys dont even know it... finally new designs for us... are bringing us back to the top baby.... stick with the LT1...
Old 07-29-2006, 12:04 PM
Banned

Stroked and Blown

LT1's like it just the way we do.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by burnzilla
Stroked and Blown

LT1's like it just the way we do.

lol, yea guy's i'm setting on rebuilding the lt1 i guess thinking a le2 setup and some other goodieswell thanks for the help
Old 07-31-2006, 12:55 AM
11 Second Club

rebuild that LT1 Bro...do it....do it...do it ..(Starsky & Hutch)

Excessive aka Joe has a 93 with an LS1...beautiful setup, he's working on the harness and could probably give you some advice should you go that route, the BMR LS1 Kmember bolts right up to the LT1 frame...it's the other stuff that gets kooky...LS1s are the engine of choice in older rods now, putting one in an LT1 based car isn't that bad dependent on whether you run a PCM, the gauges, tranny (bellhousing) and all that jaz.

Quick Reply: Hey Should I Just Rebuild The Lt1 Out........