LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

tune up

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 09:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tune up

Im sure my car is need of a tune up so thats my next priority,what all should I be doing for this??

plugs
wires
cap and rotor
fuel filter

is there anything else im missing here?? im going to go with msd wires,cap and rotor,ngk plugs, and whatever fuel filter anyone recommends, anything else thats done with the tune up?
Old 07-31-2006, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

You don't need to get involved with the optispark (cap & rotor) unless there is an issue that needs to be fixed. Beyond plugs, wires and fuel filter, you might consider tranny fluid & filter change, rear gear oil change, air filter cleaning, and radiator flush. Oh, and it's easier to change the plugs with headers than the stock manifolds, so you might as well add those now.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I dont have the money for headers my header money went towards getting the car fixed after the wreck,but I just had the tranny service done,cleaned the moroso cai,and the radiator has been flushed
Old 07-31-2006, 10:30 PM
Launching!

air filter, belts, hoses, battery, alternator, oil change, make sure all the parts that need to be greased get greased, brakes, rotors, tire tread, windshield wiper blades, make sure all your fluids are where they need to be, radiator and transmission check, and any other things you should normally check for during an oil change.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LT1 Guy
air filter, belts, hoses, battery, alternator, oil change, make sure all the parts that need to be greased get greased, brakes, rotors, tire tread, windshield wiper blades, make sure all your fluids are where they need to be, radiator and transmission check, and any other things you should normally check for during an oil change.
air filter done,hoses have been recently checked,battery is in good shape,alternator has plenty of kick,brakes were done 2 weeks ago,tires were rotated along with a full alignment last week, I try to keep up with the car as best as I can, I dont know if the car even needs anything else I just like to get maintence done before I start tackling performance mods

Quick Reply: tune up