LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I know im a p.i.t.a. buti have more questions on tunning...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know im a p.i.t.a. buti have more questions on tunning...

To start this is what i have. 1994 camaro lt1 with a th400 in a 1967 camaro.
Tunercat r/t,datamaster and carput

Ok i just got my tuner cat all sorted out and went in to start turning stuff off that im not using.

I dont think i have all the settings right for egr and stuff. so if any one could let me know what the settings must be to make it do what i need it to do.

here is what im not running right now:

No egr
No evap
No 02's (just for now they will go on soon)
No a/c
No p.s
No air pump
No trans (th400 installed)
Vss not hooked up yet but i have a painless cable driven vss just have yet to wire it in.
No oil temp/leval
No stock fans (single fan hooked to ignition switch)

So i need my ecu to not be looking for that ****. i have a vats bypass so i dont need that off. The switch table stuff is easy i just need the settings for the constant tables. Or is there a way to just turn that stuff off.

Another thing that concerns me is i get a really bad stumble when i try to give it any throttle. and it back fires thru the intake. i thought it was due to my old alt. being slow at charging. so i went up this morning and got one for a 90 vette (fits better where i have it mounted) but im still only seeing 12.8v at the battery and in datamaster when its running it drops down to 7v when i try to get into the throttle. the vette one is 105 amp and stock 94 camaro is 140 i didnt think this would make a diffrence since im using less power in my car over all.

Thanks
Bryan
Old 08-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Banned

man u need some kind of o2 sensors....
Old 08-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Teching In

there just in open loop right now. only thing they wont do it go to closed loop
Old 08-04-2006, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just turn the tempeture to enable stuff way out of range. put it too like 255 or what ever the max is.
i know that works with egr, i think it works for the air pump also.

get a datamaster scan of the car running and post it. might help diagnose your backfire.

i would get the o2 sensors working before you dig to much into the miss. it should run without them, but modifications to the intake and exhaust system might throw the afr off a little.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Teching In

I did just that i turned all the temps way out of range i guess i should of posted that. I got the miss fixed. it was the old problem i had before the new alt.

Turns out the new one i bought this morning was bad and was not charging so when i got into high rpm the injectors would not see enough volts and would lean out real bad

So i took the damn thing back to auto zone and bought the best one they had ( that isnt saying much) But now all is well and the thing rips!

Now i want to start messing with timming and stuff but i need to keep reading.

Now i can take it out to Woodward tonight for the first time with the new motor. Still hoodless for all to see the lt1 glory

Thanks for your help
Bryan

o yea here is a pic of the car for ***** and giggles
Attached Thumbnails I know im a p.i.t.a. buti have more questions on tunning...-100_1772.jpg  
Old 08-04-2006, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks good man.

Quick Reply: I know im a p.i.t.a. buti have more questions on tunning...