LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

wondering about wiring and the PCM

Old 08-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wondering about wiring and the PCM

ok i was thinking about it lastnight! i have an lt1 that was auto, and now i want to convert it to 6speed, no big deal got the flywheel waiting on the clutch. then it hit me! the wiring harness and the ecu! i know i have to send the ecu out to be reprogrammed. do you know if they can program and auto ecu to be for a 6 speed? and the wiring harness! i know it is about 95% the same but what hit me was with the reverse lock out thing! can i wire that with my auto wiring harness? or do i need to find an manual harness for this?
Old 08-04-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The correct way would be to send the PCM and have it recalibrated for the 6 speed, but no one ever does. Search around, there are write ups for this swap.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Launching!

you have to understand that i am not putting this in a camaro so i am not doing a swap from auto to manual i am doing an lt1 and i got the 6 speed from someone else that is why i never thought about the wiring harness i am sending the pcm to get re done but its the wiring harness i am concerned with
Old 08-05-2006, 08:32 AM
10 Second Moderator

Harness shouldnt be a problem, just tuck the wires away. The computer program would make the car only rev to about 1500RPM because the computer would think the auto trans fell out if you didnt tell it its a stick car now. Just taking out the auto trans stuff is easy.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Isnt there a selection in tunercats for this?
Old 08-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Launching!

yeah i got the auto stuff gone. i am sending the pmc out i am just worried about the reverse thing i have been reading about. i was told to put it in reverse there is something that is going to lock it out is that true and thats what i am mostly conserned about with the wiring

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wondering about wiring and the PCM