LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Problems

Alright so after my recent header instal my car ran great. Until i burned though a plug wire, it started missing... replaced it ran fine, until dyno day. car started cutting out on the dyno, and on the way home. checked my O2 sensor wires, they got burned, so i splice in some new wires to replace the burned sections. ran better, but it still cut out. took it back apart and checked all the connections and fixed the one that was loose. took it for a drive and it still cut out in the upper RPM's under load... is this an opti-spark problem or am i missing a bad O2 sensor?

Thanks...
Old 08-06-2006, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well considering every single problem that you have was related to header heat, why now rule that out?

10:1 odds say that it's the same problem.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Teching In

well i have moved all of the wires away from the headers and checked and double checked all the wire routes to ensure that they dont rest on the headers. also when i dynoed the car he put the "sniffer" on my car to make sure i didn't lean out. and when it started to cut out it stayed level across the graph... if it were an O2 problem wouldn't that change?
Old 08-06-2006, 09:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

an 02 will not cause the car to "cut out" and they are ignored during WOT runs anyway.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:52 AM
Teching In

alright so do you think the Opti is to blame? or is something else messing up?
Old 08-07-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Was it cutting out with low RPM's, and idling awkward? I may replace my O2 sensors. My car seems to kinda "stutter" a little bit with a constant low speed between 20-30 MPH. It's fine during WOT, but it stutters a tad bit with low speeds.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Teching In

it seems to idle fine and about 20-30 seems ok from what i can tell... the main time i really notice it is when it is at WOT, in park reving it, it seems to rev up just fine, just under load it is cutting out. i have heard that the opti can sometimes just up and die so im wondering if that is the problem...

Quick Reply: LT1 Problems