LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

shift kit guys in here.

Old 08-16-2006, 11:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shift kit guys in here.

first off i posted this in this section becasue i need info fast. my trans took a dump. took it to a few shops, including a friend of ours and it pretty much needs to be rebuilt. while its open i figure why not throw in a B&M trans pak. my question is will i lose OD wth this kit? id go with transgo but im not a track guy. just occassional drags with buddies and racing from a roll. all im really looking for is a little control and snappier shifts. also, will this down shift the car when i mash the gas? i hate getting caught between gears and waiting forever for it to pick up.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well when i had my trans go put it the guy at the trans place asked which 1 I wanted 1 for reg driving or race so i chose race and asked if it would effect my every day driving and he told me it would. It really doesnt effect it unless you are not full thottle all day long. I havent lost my OD either I also have 2.73 and the perform button that I still use all the time. Just make sure you ask questions. They guy who didi mine was the actuall owner of the place he inherited it from his father so i trusted his advice and work. never had a problem yet. watch the rear end tho i blew my 10 bolts posi out within the first year of use.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:21 AM
TECH Addict

trans-go or no go at all. the B&M trans shift kit is not ideal at all for a 4l60e You will not loose OD, your car will drive just fine.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ya i love my trans go the first time I ran it my 1st to 2nd gear shift spun the tires a good 20+ feet. you'll love it.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:08 AM
TECH Addict

well in my opinion being able to bark the tires like you describe is not a good thing. How many washers do you have installed???
Old 08-17-2006, 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yah i would like to know also i was gonna go with the b&m but if trans go is better.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:19 AM
TECH Addict

the trans-go kit is far superior to the B&M unit. Theres a few threads in the trans section about it.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by buffman
well in my opinion being able to bark the tires like you describe is not a good thing. How many washers do you have installed???
Couldnt tell you there but it was its first run and has since calmed down it was during breakin period lol. It still barks them but not much maybe a little more than it did before i had the kit installed.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:55 AM
JUICED96Z

I was going to get a trans-go but with the tune and all my car blow the tires off at launch and then spins them going into second on street tires lol.
With a tune a bumped up line pressure it acts just like a shift kist and for less money. For like 125 I got a tune and a shift kit all in one really minus the labor.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:03 AM
Launching!

everyone i talk to tells me transgos better but all im really looking for is snappier shifts and for my trans to down shift when i mash the gas. if the BM trans pak can do this for me id rather not spend the extra 50+ bucks. just wondering, why do you say the trans paks not ideal for the 4l60e? i dunno, maybe i should just spring the extra coinage for the transgo. i guess the real question is...is it worth the extra cash for the transgo if im not worried about being able to hold gears? damnit you guys...i started off just wanting a generic b&m shift kit for 30 bucks now im looking at 120+! ahaaha. wheres the cheapest place to get transgo? any sponsers carry them?
Old 08-17-2006, 02:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Summit has them for about $110 I think. I love being able to manual shift mine.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LMz28
everyone i talk to tells me transgos better but all im really looking for is snappier shifts and for my trans to down shift when i mash the gas. if the BM trans pak can do this for me id rather not spend the extra 50+ bucks. just wondering, why do you say the trans paks not ideal for the 4l60e? i dunno, maybe i should just spring the extra coinage for the transgo. i guess the real question is...is it worth the extra cash for the transgo if im not worried about being able to hold gears? damnit you guys...i started off just wanting a generic b&m shift kit for 30 bucks now im looking at 120+! ahaaha. wheres the cheapest place to get transgo? any sponsers carry them?

The trans-go unit costs more money because its doing a lot more things for you. It just doesnt make the shifts snappier. If you wanted that you could just bump the line pressure. The trans-go shift kit includes a bunch of parts that address many issues (such as slow engage to reverse) a stock trans would have, and on top of that it is a shift kit.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LMz28
Spend the extra money!

Mec
Old 08-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Launching!

alright alright alright...i caved in. just went down to my local transgo distributor and im pickin up a hd2 for $93. not too bad on the price, considering ive seen them online for 129+shipping. thanks for all the input guys. man i love this site.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:59 PM
TECH Regular

whats the part number for the 4l60e trans go kit for a 94. Let me know someone.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:39 PM
11 Second Club

4L60E-HD2

Mec
Old 08-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Launching!

how exactly will i be able to hold each gear? and will two washers be good for the street? and how do i downshift? i didnt get a video or any operating instructions...so im kinda lost.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

if you are manually shifting the trans the transgo modifies the trans to allow it to hold whatever gear to any rpm. 1-2 washers will be enough. If you have an tune, I'd try 1 and see how you like it. Ideally you dont want it shifting too hard, to where you can bark the tires on 1-2 shifts at 1/4 throttle. Downshift just like you normally would.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the stage 2 transgo kit ... and it is a great kit!

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
I was going to get a trans-go but with the tune and all my car blow the tires off at launch and then spins them going into second on street tires lol.
With a tune a bumped up line pressure it acts just like a shift kist and for less money. For like 125 I got a tune and a shift kit all in one really minus the labor.
and it is worse on your transmission then a shift kit would ever be ... oh and for that price you could of dropped the pan, changed fluid, filter, and bumped the line pressure manually.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

use the superior shift kit i am sure you will like it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: shift kit guys in here.