LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Delteq low on power?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delteq low on power?

Hey guys,

A few weeks ago the TA started all of a sudden dropping cylinders, all within a few mile drive. I ordered a Delteq and heres why: Where the car was I had limited tools, I couldnt get any coolant on the ground, if I were to tow it to the other house it would cost more than the difference between a regular Opti and Delteq, Ive read about replacement Optis not lasting (GM ones too... seems like alot of them go at 3k), Ive been thinking about a Delteq for a while, etc, etc... I figured it to be a ignition problem because that many plugs would not go at the same time, and ruled out fuel pressure because the car responded fine to throttle. (If you guys want more info let me know).

I installed the Delteq system and the car runs again, I did not change plugs but I did tighten them down. (#8 was pretty loose)

Ive read about alot of people saying they could feel a difference in performance with the Delteq, some say you can see the smoke of what was previously unburned, etc... I feel like I actually lost power (not just me either, my dad said same thing), the car runs fine except whereas before it really threw you into the seat it kind of lacks that now... Also instead of jumping RPMs it sorta climbs them (hard to explain, before I would always have the power there without needing to smash the peddle to the floor, now it seems I have to smash it and wait for the power to come).

Ive emailed Delteq but no reply. Has anyone else had issues like this? Any recommendations? (Im thinking I should do a plug change, but dont know if that would get me my power back).

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:53 AM
TECH Resident

bump...
Old 08-29-2006, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Didnt have any issues like that with mine. Maybe weak coils or bad connection where the delteq connects to the opti harness. also if the opti was going when you installed the delteq could be causing some problems as well. Good Luck
Old 08-29-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Resident

The coils are brand new and came with the kit, all the connections looked fine... I did research and the Delteq uses the Opti sensor, and that supposedly only works or doesnt (not a "it sorta works" kind of thing). Thanks for the input though.

Quick Reply: Delteq low on power?