LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

QTP Cutout

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QTP Cutout

I just got an electric cutout for my mostly stock 97 TA. Where are most people putting in the pipe and are you clamping or welding it in? Also, where are good places to mount the switch in the cabin? Thank you!
Old 08-28-2006, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

I had it welded right in the hump of the rear seat before the axle, ran the wire through the rubber grommet and mounted the switch in the plate for my cig lighter (where vert switch would be) but that's a camaro, not sure on a T/A
Old 08-29-2006, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Thanks, is it a toggle switch or how is it flipped? Sounds like a stupid question I know, but since it isnt installed yet im trying ot figure out how it works.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:34 AM
Teching In

Mine is welded in underneath the rear passenger seat. Then notched the drain plug to run the wire under the carpet to the console. Then put a little rtv on the drain plug to seal the notch.

I ran my toggle switch to the ash tray location with the ashtray removed. You can remove the console and drill the hole pretty easily in the front wall of the ash tray compartment. I have the switch oriented to move in the left-right directions. Got power from accessory power in the fuse box and grounded the switch to a stud on the firewall.

Quick Reply: QTP Cutout