LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

6 Speed Having Problems Shifting....

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 04:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 Speed Having Problems Shifting....

ok i have a 1994 camaro 6 speed and when its cold it shifts fine but once it warms up when i pull up to the light and put it in N and then when im ready to go back into first its kinda hard and sometimes i have to put it into like 2nd or 3rd and then 1rst just so it goes in smooth and then also when its super hot in vegas like 100s and i drive long distance 40+ miles with traffic it will be super hard to shift into any gear i have to like push it into gear real hard but if i park it for a while and let it cool down then its back to normal again thats only happen twice

so doesn anyone have any ideas on why it does this?

and one more thing (sorry) after 5,000 rpms it like pops and doesnt have any pick up but every once and a while it will go right up to 6K and run fine do i need a new cap and rotor maybe spark plugs?

thanks for the help guys
Old 08-29-2006, 06:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

anyone have any ideas?
Old 08-29-2006, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

u might have 2 problems.... sounds like u have a clutch going out. In terms of the other problem might have a spark issue. Its kinda hard to diagnois a car with out it front of u to look at since most problems kind have the same symptoms take it to a good automotive place. Sorry bud....
Old 08-29-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

As said above, it sounds like you have two problems. Although I wouldnt say your clutch is going out but your clutch hydraulics may be going out. As far as your popping goes, I would have it scanned and see whats going on.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a similar problem but it always does it cold or hot. It is usually hard to shift into second and hard to get into first unless im completely stopped. Although If I double clutch the car it almost always goes into second without any hesitation. You guys think its the hydraulics. I figured I would change the fluid and then go from there

Quick Reply: 6 Speed Having Problems Shifting....