LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Slp Mfs

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 11:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Slp Mfs

anyone have one?

i think im gonna need one because im sick of my heat gauge sitting between 1/2 and 3/4 while idling and driving. its over 100 everyday out here.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one. Love it. I too was hating the blasted temp always going up while sitting in traffic jams.

It wasn't hard at all to install.

Word of advice. The switch needs to be grounded. They recommended using the ground bolt on inner passenger fender....make sure you tighten that up good. or, you will have all kinds of idiot lights flashing.... ABS, Brake, TCS off.

Also, I would recommend applying some vaseline on the wiring harness when you plug the manual switch control into the wiring harness. I'm not sure what solved the idiot lights flashing, vaseline or tightening the ground bolt up good.

I am very happy with the results of the fan control switch. If I will be sitting in traffic, I flip that switch on and the temp guage doesn't budge.

There are 3 settings on the switch itself.

Middle is automatic (let the computer still control the fan)
Up (fan blasting full speed)
Down (low speed on the fan. be careful..battery drainer here, can't even hear it run)

Last edited by Guzi; 09-04-2006 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Spend just a little more and get performance reprogramming which will gain power and drivability besides turning the fans on sooner.