LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Bogging

Old 09-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bogging

I get a bog when i give my car low throttle (the one in sig). When its been sitting over night and is nice and cool, it doesnt do it until its warmed up. It mainly does this when i'm taking off, at higher speeds it just kinda surges.. any guess on what this could be? my guess is some kind of emissions control... replaced the evap selonoid thing and the AIR valve not too long ago but it didn't help. Also i've replaced the fuel filter. Any help is appriciated, thanks guys.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

TTT anyone ever experienced this before? anything yall can think of let me know thank you.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:08 AM
On The Tree

did you check for a clogged cat?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:34 AM
On The Tree

Mine does the same thing, 94 Z28 M6. Just got a new fuel pump, plug wires look OK, plugs look OK. My mechanic is thinking that it might be the beginning of the opti going bad. But why does it *not* do it when it's cold? It's also obvious when you blip the throttle, it stumbles a bit, then catches. I was thinking maybe a fuel injector problem. I hadn't thought of the clogged cat problem, maybe I'll have to gut mine after emissions are done in a couple of months to see if that was the cause. Let us know what you find out.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

are you shooting any trouble codes?

my car is doing something similiar and I was shooting a twc code I believe it was P0420. Turned out to be a clogged cat so now my long tube headers and off road y-pipe are on the way
Old 09-26-2006, 08:32 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Pull the vacuum hose off your EGR and see if it goes away. You have no sig, so we don't know what you have. I'm assuming it has an EGR valve. If not, never mind.:-)
Old 09-27-2006, 06:08 PM
TECH Regular

I agree with ed. My friend had this same issue with his car. ran like stink cold, but bogged bad when hot. was the egr valve... he just didn't have the money at the time to fix it.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Bad Trader (Louis H)

Well my 1995 9c1 is doing the samething. I narrowed it down to closed loop the car will run fine for about 1 minute after startup then start to bog. I suspect the o2 sensors since it takes them a while to heat up and operate sending the car into closed loop mode!
Old 09-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Launching!

my car acted like that turned out to be early staged of a screwed cap and rotor (about 3-4 weeks after it started bogging the backfireing started)
Old 09-28-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

i know exactly what you are describing and my car did the same ****, first thing in the morning driving to work it hauled ***, on the way home in traffic, sucks. if its not skipping i would jump to say it the optispark. i just replaced my radiator on my car with a hi flo aluminum deal, and let me tell you, THAT IS WHAT MY PROBLEM WAS, the radiator. it doesn't do it in the morning because the car is nice and cool, once it heats up that piece of **** stock radiator aint doin much. my car runs consistantly at 165 degrees and it runs just the same after an hour of driving as when i first crank it up.

check your coolant resevoir and see if your little dipstick has nasty sludge in the bottom of it, if so i bet its all in your radiator the same as mine was.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bogging