LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

want lt's

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 03:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want lt's

i'm getting ready to do the exhaust on my 95 formula . i want lt's but i need to keep my cat, egr , and air . what kind of headers y-pipe cat and exhaust should i run ?

btw : i have a set of coated edelbrock shorties sitting on a self in my garage , should i use them or sell them ?

im sorry if this question has been ask before but i could only find people asking about exhaust with out smog .
Old 09-27-2006, 10:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

If you want to keep your stock cat and y-pipe then I think you gotta go with shorties. You could go with Mid-length headers such as Pacesetter, Mac, AS&M, etc. with a matching y-pipe and cat which would keep the cat in the same place. If you want to run LT's and Cats then you would need buy a matching ORY and have a cat put on each side which many people have but I can't imagine how they would fit. I made the mistake of putting one cat at the end of my ORY and it doesnt pass state emissions. What kind of headers, y-pipe, catback all depends on how much your willing to spend and personal preference. I run coated Pacesetter LT's with there ORY which all cost me $515 and I love them and they are probaly the cheapest LT's. I personally think GMMG is the best sounding catback but it costs $700-$850. If you got the dough then I'd personally go for GMMG but there are some other great sounding catbacks that are half that price.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would sell the shorties, I havent heard too many good things about them. Go with some LTs and either get a Borla or a GMMG catback. Those are my $.02
Old 09-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Teching In

cool , i did not know you could put y-pipe on lt,s .
Old 09-27-2006, 02:50 PM
Teching In

I run a set of kooks on mine.. GREAT fit and for now I even hooked up to the stock catback.. SOUNDS great in my opinion. I like it quiet .
I think you can get the AIR fittings welded in, but I'm running their y pipe and 2 cats. Talk to one of the venders and see what they can do for you. A little expensive but they are a nice piece
Old 09-27-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea Kooks are really really nice, high quality, I have FLP LTs on mine,but they dont make LT1 headers anymore. they are up there too.

Alot of people on here will tell you to go with the Pacesetters though, some will lean toward the Hookers, but I say the Kooks are too good to pass up if you want a high quality product, but they are really expensive

Oh and yea you can run a Y on LTs no problemo, you can either go with a Y that is made specifically for your brand LTs, or you can get a good exhaust shop in your area to fab up one for you.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Teching In

do you run the lt's down to a cat on the end of each of them to a and then a y-pipe then back to your exhaust ?
Old 09-27-2006, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have my LTs going to a cutout, then to a cat on each side, then to a custom y pipe and then to my catback
Old 09-27-2006, 07:03 PM
Teching In

thanks for all your help .

Quick Reply: want lt's