LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

True Dual's w/ Sweet Thunder Chambered Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Dual's w/ Sweet Thunder Chambered Mufflers

I've been pondering exactly which direction I will go with my exhaust on my 94, and as much as I want and love the sound of true dual's, that GMMG sounds like pure, audible sex. So my question is, if I was to run some LT's into an X pipe all the way back, over the axle coming out at stock location with some Sweet Thunder chambered mufflers somewhere in there, how would it sound?

Also, would it be a performance and/or sound difference between me running it straight back following the driveshaft or having the pipe's running fairly close following along the stock exhaust path?
Old 10-30-2006, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet thunders sound great, but they do cut down on flow a little since the internals are 1/2" smaller that the pipe. Take a look at these:

http://www.classicchambered.com/classic/products.html

I have 3" true duals dumped with dynomax bullets and i love the sound. To bypass the rear end you will have to get a custom panhard from bmr i believe or you could go underneath. I was very skeptical about going underneath but my buddy with a 98 TA went under and never scraped once. Just a thought.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the link, I will definately be checking into those. Now please correct me if I'm wrong, but with the length of those, wouldnt alot of the actually exhaust be replaced by them?
Old 10-30-2006, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

The 16 inchers should work.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

3.5" outer 3" inner, its a stainless works muffler though. (same chambered design though)

http://video.ls1tech.com/category/Ex...ba72175162.htm
Old 11-01-2006, 12:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm running Jet-Hot LT's straight into 2 1/2" (10 or 12" long) sweet thunder mufflers. No x or h pipe. Dumped under the car. Car is stock internal. Here is a vid http://www.v8havoc.com/vidz/mike_trueduals.wmv

I used to have 2 1/2" dynomax bullets. I liked them as well but wanted somthing deeper. The sweet thunders give the car more of an old school sound. They are deeper and louder then the dynomax bullet mufflers. Both mufflers compare pretty average to most cat backs at idle as far as volume goes. But once you take off the big difference starts to show, and when you romp on it, it becomes hot rod music to your ears

PM me if you need more info on them or would like more video of it. The act

Quick Reply: True Dual's w/ Sweet Thunder Chambered Mufflers