LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Clutch problems, need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Clutch problems, need help

Ok, here is what happened, I left a light, went for second gear, clutch pedal fell flat. Pumped it, it came back up. Then it got progressively stiffer. Also a griding noise between gears. Then we stopped. Can not put clutch pedal down all the way, its very stiff, when I tried hard to press it down I heard a pop.

Am I supposed to see fluid in the resivior?? I can hear a slight grinding noise when in neutral, can't even start the car now of course.

There was always a little grinding sounding noise when in neutral, but now its a little louder.

Help!!!!! -Corey
Old 12-23-2006, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u see no fluid? i think theres a min/max line u probably ran it dry and burned some clutch pistons up
Old 12-24-2006, 08:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, well we towed the car back last night as we couldn't even get it to start.

Fluid level was way low.

Added some fluid.

So we got the car off the ground this morning, tried to push on the clutch, can hear a clunking or pulsing sound I guess, like gulping. Look at the slave cylinder and it looks like its trying to move. Pull it off the car, try to move the clutch pedal, still stiff as hell, so I push as hard as I can, hear a pop like last night, seems we cracked the slave cylinder. Going to have one put on order Tuesday. Really praying that just the slave cylinder is screwed up.

I tried to move the fork, how should that feel?? I can move it back and forth abit.