LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Headers on...finally!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers on...finally!

So I just put on the Pacesetter LT's and ORY on my 96 TA. We had a few problems getting things to fit just right with all the emissions stuff so we deleted all that and welded the fittings shut. Before my car had problems that bothered me A LOT. At start up, sometimes it took a second for it to start. And at top end it just died out and actually hesitated and sputtered too. And through midrange it stumbled sometimes. But with the new headers and ypipe all that is gone. Oh yeah, got a new starter too. I put on the NGK TR55 Platinums. The car runs fantastic. It pulls hard all the way through the rpm range. I am very happy with the results and will be posting some new 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile times soon. My next mod I plan to do is the CAI. All I had done the last time I went to the track was the SLP Loudmouth and a drop in K&N and I ran a 9.302 in the 1/8. My 60ft was a 2.103. What kind of 1/4 miles times do you think I'd be running if I ran these numbers in the 1/8?
Old 01-01-2007, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking at some of my old timeslips for a comparison, id say your car is definitely gonna run 13s. Congrats on the install feels good doesnt it? My best time with my car is in the sig, and that was with cats and full emissions equipment. few other performance mods and a 6 speed car. I deleted the cats now, but i have no idea if it helped or not, havent been back to the track.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

You should be in the 13's.. my old motor was 8.2's in the 1/8 mile. It did 12.7's in the 1/4. New one is goin on the Dyno in a couple of weeks..