LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

opinions on which tranny to run...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions on which tranny to run...

Ok so I just about have the motor together, and now I have to order a tranny. I just have one problem.... Don't really know which tranny I want to go with. I will either run a th-350 or th-400, but not sure which one I want to run. I want to run a th-350 because (and I hope I dont catch to much **** for this) but I would like to see if I can beat Joe Os N/A time and a th-350 will be a lil quicker than a th-400. As I said I am not saying it will, or that I would even claim it if it did (not much of an LT1 anymore, pretty much the reverse flow and block are the only thing keeping it a LT1), but the motor is capable PLEASE do not make a big deal of this. I would like a th-400 because it is stronger and will hold up longer, also depending on how fast it is w/ the current cam and converter, later this year I may swap cam and converter and put some nitrous on it and it would then be atleast an 8.9 car.

Q: Can a th-350 hold an 8 second car for more than a few passes? can one even hold a low 9 car? or do I need to just cut my loses and go to a th-400?

Q: How much E.T. Difference is there between a th-350, and a th-400?

Just so yall know what its going to be behind the motor is a 396 and has 18* trickflow heads that have been ported, super vic intake, dominator, jesel shaft mounts, solid roller cam, and 13:1 compression. So what would yall do?