LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anybody think this intake could be converted to fit an LT1?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anybody think this intake could be converted to fit an LT1?

Barry Grant just released this:

"Badman Inline Induction"

Here's a pic of the intake base. Check out the length of those runners:

Big Block version:

Each venturi feeds two equal length runners, so it's kind've like having an intake with 4 separate throttle bodies. I'm wondering if it would be possible to just use the carb section for air only and weld fuel rail bungs down into the base and make it FI? If the carb section couldn't be made to work then that intake base itself would make a helluva good candidate for a fabricator to make a long runner LT1-esque intake if they welded on a nice big plenum with a standard LT1 throttle body boss at one end.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I do not see why not.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:50 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont see why!
Old 01-07-2007, 06:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z8'S
I dont see why!

Hey I was being nice. after the way he ripped Ed a new a-hole I just thought I would try
Old 01-07-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Hey I was being nice. after the way he ripped Ed a new a-hole I just thought I would try
I ripped noone "a new a-hole." If we can't toss new ideas around and hash them out, then what the hell good is this section?

Consider this: there was a time when it was thought, (and still is in some circles), that putting a carbed intake on an LT1 was a step backwards, and yet, look at what guys like Bret Bauer have been able to do with his single plane conversions. They're actually a sought after item now.

Ellis, I figured you of all people would appreciate this discussion, seeing as how you're one of the ones who's played around with altering the stock intake.

Originally Posted by Z8's
I dont see why!
Explain.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Thats bad ***, the only prob i could see would be clearence issues and enough room to put injectors but it would deff be something to think about
Old 01-07-2007, 07:49 PM
8 Second Club

For the WOW Factor it would be cool. But at what it would cost would it be worth it? Naturally aspirated you would need big cubic inches to utilize that much fuel.Converted to EFI I think you would be just as well off with the converted single plane. I run a converted Super Victor myself and spend waaaaayyyyyyy too much money on my LT1 and even I wouldn't spring for that.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:06 AM
10 Second Club

I was just being nice. I can be mean if you want You did jump Ed kind of hard.

I have looked at doing cross rams many times and the issue is ALWAYS where to put the injectors. Only good place has been in the head under the valve covers. not the easiest task. The bonus is you can get great spray on the valve

GM went with the hose and poppet design with a semi remote injector bank. We know it as the Vortec truck engine. Under that plastic top is basicly a 60s cross ram base

this intake looks much the same with a smaller plenum but still covering the injector placement.

If you work through the injector issue and build a nice top for it this would take care of a few of the LT1 complaints.

I would actually look to a Holly SR base like Bret did and build off of that. I have one here I buoght from him(complete HSR) and I am going to play with it some.

This intake from BG is nice if the Injector location can be used correctly
Old 01-08-2007, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Its.. soo... pretty.

Quick Reply: Anybody think this intake could be converted to fit an LT1?